Wednesday, June 23, 2010

La Mia Amica, Patrizia con Eleanor Roosevelt

Every week for almost a year, my dear friend Patrizia and I have been attending Italian classes at the Center for Italian Studies here in Carlton. She now far surpasses me in her mastery of the language but I am so grateful for this opportunity to parlare, leggere e ascoltare to this lingua bella. At this time in my life, when my body is so uncomfortable, I stand on new strade, ascolto nouve canziones--the songs of Gino Pauli, full of the sea and the salt of you as he sang so many years ago. And always the voice of that soon to be human wooden thing, "un semplice pezzo di legno" that would turn into the voice of possibility--"Non farmi male!" if only loved. Do not hurt me, the voice of the people of so many nations, the voice of so many whose bodies long for the cessation of pain, for the fullness of the belly, for the bounty of water. Le ossa mi fanno male, my bones hurt, my friends. Non farmi male for us all. No more hurt.

3 comments:

daniel john said...

What a fun pattern! It's great to hear from you and see what you've sent up to. All of the projects look great! You make it so simple to this.Thanks!

Term papers

Jenney said...

Good post. I learn one thing more challenging on different blogs every day. It is going to at all times be stimulating to read content material from other writers and follow just a little one thing from their store. I’d favor to use some with the content material on my blog if you don’t mind. I’ll give you a link on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Scottie said...

13
生活關鍵字:眼袋 整形 雙眼皮 隆鼻 網路行銷 瘦小腿 電波拉皮 眼袋 整形外科 隆鼻 抽脂 整形 瑜珈 眼袋 江詩丹頓

14
熱門關鍵字:植髮 雷射溶脂 包皮 泌尿科 網站排名 外籍新娘 大陸新娘 裝潢 滅鼠 白蟻 除白蟻 植牙 蛋糕 人工植牙 除蟲 隆鼻 植睫毛